Writer’s Block Bookstore is Central Florida’s full-service independent bookstore with locations in Winter Park and in Winter Garden. Writer’s Block commitment to literacy, reading, and community engagement for life-long learning is showcased through its events, book clubs, virtual book fairs, online sunshine state and children book lists, and community partnerships. A proud supported a WUCF education and PBS learning.
Click the link below to take a virtual tour of our Winter Park store located on beautiful Park Avenue in the heart of Winter Park's historic district.
Click below to scroll through images of past events.
At the event, which drew more than 400 people from across the State of Florida and as far away as Texas, Nicholas Sparks said, "By far, the event at Writer's Block was the best and most organized stop of the tour so far!"
To ensure the health and safety of all at this in-store event, the staff at Writer's Block Bookstore enacted the following safety plans and protocols for the Nicholas Sparks event:
- All WBB Staff wore masks
- All attendees were required to wear a mask
- The number of attendees allowed in the store at the same time was limited to 56, which was the safe, social distancing capacity based on the store's square footage, per the fire marshal
- We utilized signs and existing fixtures to route guests in a way that ensured proper social distancing spacing of 6 ft. or more at all times
- Guests were required to use hand sanitizer before entering the store and hand sanitizer stations were placed throughout the store
- The flow of guests was one-way into/out of the store to improve flow and reduce face-to-face contact
- No selfies were permitted. A professional photographer was on-site to take photos of guests with the author. The photos were staged in a manner that allowed both to be in the shot at the same time but still observe social distancing guidelines
- In the ticketing process, we offered scheduled times for guests to choose from when they registered in 30-minute increments. They were required to arrive at their designated ticket time
Our space located on the main street and has four times the amount of pedestrian exposure and prestige. Beautifully designed modern space with a more extensive children’s department, a coffee bar, and open space to accommodate in-store events. (approx. 75 people, seated and 500+ for signing the only event) We are on the main street called Park Avenue, of a pedestrian shopping district. For a complete tour of our new space that spans 100 feet long, go to Check out the inside of our beautiful space! The traffic in the store has tripled. Our online business has grown into creating thousands of new customers. To keep the momentum going, we regularly reach out to promote events and to offer sales and specials.
** make notes about how we moved the bookcases to create natural dividers between the attendees of the event.
|Scott Pelley||Bush Auditorium at Rollins College||380|
|Kate DiCamillo||Trinity Preparatory School Auditorium||400|
|Ariana Madix & Tom Sandoval||Writer's Block Bookstore||118|
|Rainbow Rowell||Writer's Block Bookstore||150|
|Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child||Quantum Leap Winery||82|
|Kristin Harmel||Quantum Leap Winery||100|
|Elin Hilderbrand||Quantum Leap Winery||125|