Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Good to Great series.
- #1: Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't (Hardcover): $32.50
- #2: Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies (Good to Great #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: How the Mighty Fall CD: And Why Some Companies Never Give In (Good to Great #4) (CD-Audio): Email or call for price (407) 335-4192 or email@example.com
- #5: Great by Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos, and Luck--Why Some Thrive Despite Them All (Good to Great #5) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #6: Turning the Flywheel: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great (Paperback): $14.99
Building upon the concepts introduced in Good to Great, Jim Collins answers the most commonly asked questions raised by his readers in the social sectors. Using information gathered from interviews with over 100 social sector leaders, Jim Collins shows that his "Level 5 Leader" and other good-to-great principles can help social sector organizations make the leap to greatness.
About the Author
Jim Collins is a student and teacher of what makes great companies tick, and a Socratic advisor to leaders in the business and social sectors. Having invested more than a quarter-century in rigorous research, he has authored or coauthored six books that have sold in total more than 10 million copies worldwide. They include Good to Great, Built to Last, How the Mighty Fall, and Great by Choice.
Driven by a relentless curiosity, Jim began his research and teaching career on the faculty at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he received the Distinguished Teaching Award in 1992. In 1995, he founded a management laboratory in Boulder, Colorado.
In addition to his work in the business sector, Jim has a passion for learning and teaching in the social sectors, including education, healthcare, government, faith-based organizations, social ventures, and cause-driven nonprofits.
In 2012 and 2013, he had the honor to serve a two-year appointment as the Class of 1951 Chair for the Study of Leadership at the United States Military Academy at West Point. In 2017, Forbes selected Jim as one of the 100 Greatest Living Business Minds.
Jim has been an avid rock climber for more than forty years and has completed single-day ascents of El Capitan and Half Dome in Yosemite Valley.
Learn more about Jim and his concepts at his website, where you’ll find articles, videos, and useful tools. jimcollins.com