Other Books in Series
This is book number 29 in the Wild Cards series.
- #1: Wild Cards I: Expanded Edition (Paperback): $31.99
- #2: Wild Cards II: Aces High: Aces High (Paperback): $27.99
- #3: Wild Cards III: Jokers Wild (Paperback): $21.99
- #4: Wild Cards IV: Aces Abroad: Book One of the Puppetman Quartet (Paperback): $34.99
- #5: Wild Cards V: Down and Dirty: Book Two of the Puppetman Quartet (Paperback): $32.99
- #6: Wild Cards VI: Ace in the Hole: Book Three of the Puppetman Quartet (Paperback): Email or call for price (407) 335-4192 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- #7: Wild Cards VII: Dead Man's Hand: Book Four of the Puppetman Quartet (Paperback): $25.99
- #8: Wild Cards VIII: One-Eyed Jacks: Book One of the Rox Triad (Paperback): $31.99
- #9: Wild Cards IX: Jokertown Shuffle: Book Two of the Rox Triad (Paperback): $18.99
- #10: Wild Cards XI: Dealer's Choice: Book Three of the Rox Triad (Paperback): $19.99
- #12: Wild Cards XII: Turn of the Cards (Paperback): $21.99
- #16: Deuces Down: A Wild Cards Novel (Paperback): $19.99
- #17: Death Draws Five: A Wild Cards Novel (Hardcover): $29.99
- #19: Busted Flush: A Wild Cards Novel (Book Two of the Committee Triad) (Paperback): $27.99
- #20: Suicide Kings: A Wild Cards Novel (Book Three of the Committee Triad) (Paperback): $29.99
- #21: Fort Freak: A Wild Cards Novel (Book One of the Mean Streets Triad) (Paperback): $29.99
- #22: Lowball: A Wild Cards Novel (Book Two of the Mean Streets Triad) (Paperback): $29.99
- #23: High Stakes: A Wild Cards Novel (Book Three of the Mean Streets Triad) (Paperback): Email or call for price (407) 335-4192 or email@example.com
- #24: Mississippi Roll: A Wild Cards Novel (Book One of the American Triad) (Paperback): $25.99
- #25: Low Chicago: A Wild Cards Novel (Book Two of the American Triad) (Paperback): $18.99
- #27: Knaves Over Queens: A Wild Cards Novel (Book One of the British Arc) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #28: Three Kings: A Wild Cards Mosaic Novel (Book Two of the British Arc) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #30: Full House (Wild Cards #30) (Hardcover): $31.99
In Joker Moon, the next Wild Cards adventure from series editor George R. R. Martin, we follow Aarti, the Moon Maid, who can astrally project herself onto the surface of the moon and paint projections across the lunarscape.
Theodorus was a dreamer.
As a child, he dreamt of airplanes, rockets, and outer space. When the wild card virus touched him and transformed him into a monstrous snail centaur weighing several tons, his boyhood dreams seemed out of reach, but a Witherspoon is not so easily defeated. Years and decades passed, and Theodorus grew to maturity and came into his fortune . . . but still his dream endured.
But now when he looked upward into the night sky, he saw more than just the moon . . . he saw a joker homeland, a refuge where the outcast children of the wild card could make a place of their own, safe from hate and harm. An impossible dream, some said. Others, alarmed by the prospect, brought all their power to bear to oppose him. Theodorus persisted . . .
. . . never dreaming that the Moon was already inhabited. And the Moon Maid did not want company.
About the Author
George R. R. Martin has been a full-time writer for over 25 years. He is the author of the acclaimed, internationally bestselling fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire, which is the basis of HBO's popular Game of Thrones television series. Martin has won multiple science fiction awards, including 4 Hugos, 2 Nebulas, the Bram Stoker, the Locus Award, the World Fantasy Award, the Daedelus, the Balrog, and the Daikon (Japanese Hugo).
Praise for the Wild Cards series
“Perhaps the most original and provocative of the shared worlds books.” —Peter S. Beagle, author of The Last Unicorn
"Delicious...Everything I hoped for in a new Wild Cards book. The character interactions and plot twists have exactly the complexity, surprise, and unsentimental realism I'd expect out of a George R. R. Martin project." —Austin Grossman, author of Soon I Will be Invincible on Inside Straight
“Emotionally powerful. Wild Cards deals up the variety of short fiction without losing the continuity of a novel.”—The Seattle Times
“A delightfully imaginative speculation.”—The Toronto Star
"Martin has assembled an impressive array of writers. . . . Progressing through the decades, Wild Cards keeps its momentum to the end." —Locus
"The shared-world series known as Wild Cards has had a long and illustrious history of contributors and achievements." —SciFi.com
“Upbeat....Every chapter is solidly entertaining. It’s a treat for any fan of superhero stories.” —Publishers Weekly on Low Chicago
“A genre-hopping, time-jumping, crowd-pleasing chain novel under the curation of old master Martin, he of Game of Thrones fame.” —Kirkus Review on Low Chicago
"New readers and fans of the long-running series will both love the fast-paced plotting and the ever-expanding history of the Wild Card virus on this alternate Earth, where even the superheroes are human." —Shelf Awareness on Lowball