The Upskilling Imperative: 5 Ways to Make Learning Core to the Way We Work (Hardcover)
Make continuous learning part of your company's DNA--and growth, profits, and sustainability will follow
Keeping up with the pace of change may seem impossible, but it's not. The secret is to make continuous learning a top value for every person on the team so when change happens, everyone is prepared.
In The Upskilling Imperative, Shelley Osborne, Udemy's Vice President of Learning, reveals the methods she uses to help many of today's leading companies--from Adidas to PayPal to Barclays--build and sustain a culture of learning. With techniques supported by the latest learning science, she takes you through five steps for transforming your business into an industry powerhouse:
- Create an environment of freedom, opportunity, and love of learning
- Use honest, forthright feedback to fuel your new learning culture
- Clearly communicate the rewards that come when we approach our job as a learning adventure
- Build learning into the everyday workflows and operations
- Manage your new learning culture in a sustainable way
With this new, evolved mindset, you and your workforce will approach the next inevitable workplace upheaval or technology with skill and confidence--not confusion and dread.