The mission of the Writer's Block Bookstore includes participating in and supporting community non-profits in any way we can. When we opened our doors in 2014, the mission was, and will always be, to be a part of the community and work towards providing education and literacy for the greater good.
We frequently host Shopping Days for schools and institutions. We support fundraising events that have silent auctions with books and gift baskets.
Here is a list of the organizations we have donated in both our time and funds.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Arts
- The Greater Orlando Jewish Community Center
- PBS Kids
- Winter Park Library - Underwrote the recording studio equipment and supports administrative support as a Trustee and by helping with their author series
- Children's Coalition
- The Orlando Philharmonic
- The Chabad of Altamonte Springs
- Orange County Schools
- The City of Winter Garden - Donation of a Little Free Library
- SOBO Art Center in Winter Garden
- Winter Park Institute
- Lake Highland Preparatory School
- Winter With The Writer's Book Festival at Rollins College
- League of Women Voters
- Trinity Preparatory Annual Book Fair