They like us – they really like us!
Click the links below to view articles featuring the bookstore and its crew.
Southern Living - 20 Bookstores Everyone Should Visit In Florida
- January 24, 2023
- Writer's Block Bookstore is featured as a top bookstore to visit in Florida
Publishers Weekly, June 6, 2022 - Article Urban Decay - open the article below to read more.
- Book Sales in big cited are underperforming compared to those in smaller markets.
- Orlando/Central Florida is the fastest-growing book market, 2022 vs. 2019 by 25.4% - overall growth of almost 10% as compared to larger markets that all declined.
- Big markets have seen sales performance trail in comparison to many midsized markets that have seen substantial gains.
- A lot of the reason is the migration of people moving to smaller and mid-sized communities.
What this means for us Orlando's growth increased is singly caused by the growth at Writer's Block because we are the only indie bookstore in Orlando that reports to Bookscan and NYT!
Little Free Library in Winter Garden
- March 2022
- Writer's Block Bookstore donates Little Free Library to the City of Winter Garden
- January 2021
- Writer's Block Bookstore's partnership with the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County was highlighted in the Pointe Magazine.
- Winter 2020
- The Roth Family JCC's cultural arts programs and events are a gift in more ways than one.
What Happens When Literary Events Move Online
- October 15, 2020
- Writer's Block Owner, Lauren Zimmerman, was interviewed by Literary Hub.com who discussed how the store made the shift to virtual events!
- December 20, 2019
- We're featured in Winter Park Magazine's print and web publication!
Why Winter Park, Florida Is One of the Coolest Suburbs in America
- May 22, 2019
- We're so flattered Apartment Therapy called us "a true gem"!
Writer's Block Bookstore Relocating to New Space Along Park Avenue
- May 2, 2019
- The Winter Park/Maitland Observer article gives some more details to Lauren's vision for the new location on Park Ave!
Reckless Reader: Writer's Block Bookstore
- April 8, 2019
- The LA Review of Books featured us as a bookstore of note for reckless readers intent on supporting local independent bookstores!
- February 1, 2018
- The New York Times provides you with what you need to know when you only have 36 hours to sightsee. We're featured in the Orlando edition as a cozy Saturday afternoon well-spent!
Excerpt from My Bookstore: Writers Celebrate Their Favorite Places to Browse, Read, and Shop, featuring Kristin Harmel
- March 16, 2017
- International bestselling author Kristin Harmel shares why Writer's Block Bookstore is her favorite place to recharge her creative batteries. (Psst! Writer's Block Bookstore is the only place to buy a signed copy of Kristin's latest book, The Room on Rue Amelie!)
- Fall 2016
- Foreward is a magazine covering indie bookstores and publishers; Lauren's interview has her hard-earned insights about selecting books to carry and feature, community interest, and appealing to the heart of readers, young and old alike.
- February 8, 2016
- Interview with a Bookstore is a series of interviews conducted around the world and published on one of the literary web's biggest magazines. Lauren answers LitHub's in-depth questions about the bookstore, her favorite books, and what Writer's Block does better than any other bookstore.
- June 2015
- This "Small Town Escapes" article includes Writer's Block Bookstore as part of the Winter Park magic that "even Disney could manufacture."
New Independent Bookstore Seeks Success in Winter Park
- February 10, 2015
- The Orlando Sentinel features Writer's Block Bookstore as part of their writeup about local bookstores, and includes Lauren's ethos about bookselling and community.
Orlando Sentinel's Winter Park Forum
- February 4, 2015
- Winter Park Forum Editor Michael Freeman interviews Lauren about the beginnings of Writer's Block Bookstore and the future of indie bookselling.
- September 15, 2014
- Shelf Awareness is an industry newsletter intended for booksellers and book lovers alike, and records the opening of new bookstores around the country. This is the earliest news article about Writer's Block Bookstore!